Learn about economic theory and current conditions, and utilize your comprehensive knowledge in the future!
In the Department of Economics, students learn about basic economic theory and current conditions, as well as research ways to enhance and improve our economic lives. Through its rich and diverse curriculum and information-focused education for the understanding of the economy
and society, the department aims to train professionals who can put their comprehensive knowledge to use in various fields. Japan’s economy and society has changed as a result of globalization, progress in information technology, and an aging population, and these changes have had a major impact on our personal lives and the local community. This is also a time of tremendous technological development, along with corresponding innovation. We can’t afford to stand bewildered in the face of such changes. Understanding the risks and opportunities from an economic point of view will prove to be extremely beneficial as we navigate our way through these turbulent times. The Department of Economics offers a curriculum that will help students respond to the diverse needs of society and that will match their interests and goals.Department Characteristics
The department offers a broad and flexible curriculum with practical information education.
- Students have freedom and flexibility in choosing subjects, to help them search for their career paths.
- Students study about economic theories and current conditions through a systematically organized curriculum.
- Students are encouraged to widen and deepen their outlooks through a consideration of the local economy.
- Students are introduced to the latest economic trends in Okinawa, Japan, and the world.
- Students take practical subjects for dealing with changes in information technology.
- Education and research in the department has been enriched through collaboration with the Graduate School of Regional Business and Economics.